Saturday, July 16, 2016

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Debbie Olson

Hello there!  I'm so excited to welcome Debbie Olson to the blog today.  I have admired her mad coloring skills and great eye for design for years.  I was over the moon excited to meet her for the first time earlier this year and even more thrilled when she agreed to be our special guest!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Guest Designer Spotlight Cards by Debbie Olson.

Good morning!  Debbie Olson here, privileged to be a guest of Sunny Studio today! When Mendi shared her new release, I knew that I’d love playing with it; so today I have cards using the Sweet Shoppe and Sock Hop stamp sets to share.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sweet Shoppe Birthday Card by Debbie Olson.

First up is Sweet Shoppe—so many fun images to color in this set! I couldn’t decide upon just one, so I chose to use three of them, with a clean and simple layout. I colored my images with Copic markers and die-cut them, airbrushed a splash of YR31 to warm up the white background behind the sweet treats, stamped my sentiment, and them used foam tape to pop up the images.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sweet Shoppe Birthday Card by Debbie Olson.

I used the strawberry again on the inside of my card, along with a continuation of the sentiment.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sweet Shoppe Birthday Card by Debbie Olson.

Shown above are the Copic markers that I used to color the Sweet Shoppe images.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sock Hop Cool Cat Guitar Card by Debbie Olson.

Next is the Sunny Studio Sock Hop stamp set; this set has a TON of possibilities! I chose Cool Cat for my first card, pairing him up with some Lily Bee Design Pinwheel papers.  I stamped the jukebox lightly as a backdrop for Cool Cat, and die-cut both Cool Cat and his guitar to pop up with foam tape in the foreground

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sock Hop Cool Cat Guitar Card by Debbie Olson.

Here are the Copics that I used to color Cool Cat.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sock Hop Masculine Retro Car Card by Debbie Olson.

Finally, I created a “guy card” for someone who loves his Chevys. I had already colored my Sock Hop image before I looked for patterned paper, which turned out not to be such a good idea when I had not a single blue in my stash that went with the blues I had used on my classic car! After several “didn’t quite work” backgrounds, I finally airbrushed a background for my car, using many of the same colors that I had used to color the car. Because I didn’t want the background to compete with the car image, I used a piece of vellum on top of my airbrushed background, gluing it under the car, and also attaching it with the same brads that attached my sentiment panel. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sock Hop Masculine Retro Car Card by Debbie Olson.

Shown above are the markers that I used to color the classic car. (If you are looking for color and shading ideas on this car, google ’57 Chevy images—you’ll find an abundance of them!)

I hope that these ideas are helpful with your Sunny Studio Sweet Shoppe and Sock Hop stamp sets. A huge thanks to Mendi for inviting me to Sunny Studio today!


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

         


8 comments:

  1. These are very nice cads, I love the designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally BOWLED over by the awesome look of these cards!! What an amazing trio!! Each card is colored so magnificently and the details on each are so spot-on fabulous and cool!! What a wonder Debbie is!!!
    Note to you Mendi - So sorry I have not been around - I have been gone all week in the mountains to a Youth Girls Camp for my church, and the week before that I spent preparing the crafts for them to make up there!! I plan on posting the crafts on my blog soon!! Take care and forgive me for the late comments!!! Hope this release is going well and I will be back ASAP to drool over all the latest posts I have missed!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie! Hope you had a wonderful time! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Debbie~ These cards are absolutely amazing! Not only are the cards fun, but the coloring is completely outstanding.Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I especially love the road with the roadster! Love the blue car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word!! These are just breathtaking fabulous!! All the lovely details!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow.. these cards are pretty fantastic! Great coloring!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete