Thursday, August 11, 2016

Inspiration Week: Introducing Woodsy Creatures Set

Hello there!  Welcome to Day 3 of our Fall Inspiration week.  Today I'm showcasing a new set called Woodsy Creatures (hitting our online store early tomorrow morning).  ;)

This set is made to mix and match with the previously released Comfy Creatures and Sending My Love sets.  It comes with 5 new woodland critter faces, 3 tails and the addition of a new standing body (in addition to several accessories and sentiments).  The faces from this look awesome with the sitting body from Comfy Creatures so I used that on a number of the cards shared here today.

Up first is a card that immediately came to mind while designing this set.  I feel like I was channeling my inner Laura Bassen on this one.  For my sentiment I used the word "hello" from our Sunny Sentiments set.  
Sunny Studio Stamps: Woodsy Creatures Racoon, Fox & Skunk Card by Mendi Yoshikawa

My second card combines the acorn from the new Autumn Splendor set shared yesterday, along with the hearts from our Stitched Hearts dies, a custom sentiment using our Sweet Script stamps and a pennant strip using our Fishtail Banner dies.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Chipmunk & Acorns Card by Mendi Yoshikawa (using Woodsy Creatures, Autumn Splendor, Stitched Hearts & Fishtail Banners)

For this card I dressed up my critters with the feather headdress and pilgrim hat and put a little pumpkin and pie in their hands to create a Thanksgiving themed card.   I cut my pennant shape along the bottom edge with our Fishtail Banner II dies and then used the mini heart in the set to embellish the scalloped edge.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Woodsy Creatures Thanksgiving Pilgrim & Indian Card by Mendi Yoshikawa
For my skunk card I used the same tail that was used on the squirrel card.  I love that it can work for both creatures depending on the way you color it.  To create my card I started by inking up my scalloped circle with Tumbled Glass distress ink and then flicked on color for my grass using Copic markers.  I then sponged on some Mowed Lawn distress ink along the bottom edge to fill in any missing spots of color.  I loved having the log and mushrooms to embellish with--They add a fun pop of color!
Sunny Studio Stamps: Woodsy Creatures Skunk Card by Mendi Yoshikawa

I love designs on the diagonal and this one was so fun and easy to create on a little 4.25" square card.  I embellished with hearts cut using our Stitched Heart dies and topped with glossy accents.  I finished off my card with a sentiment from our Sock Hop set.
Sunny Studio Stamps: Woodsy Creatures Hedgehog Card by Mendi Yoshikawa
For my last card I cut little polaroid frames on my Silhouette Cameo using cutting files by Lori Whitlock and then created little scenes in each.  I wanted it to look like a set of photographs were scattered across my card front.  

I must confess this was the last card I created and I had some random pieces left that I had colored including an extra tree stump, a handful of mushrooms and an unused skunk tail.  I decided to cut the tree stump in half and continue it on the two photos in the background and then just popped the tail in there to look like another critter photo might be sitting down below. I ended up using every last item I had stamped and colored which was a fun little personal challenge.
Sunny Studio Stamps: Woodsy Creatures Hello Foxy Fox Card by Mendi Yoshikawa























And here's a closer look at the new Woodsy Creature Stamps & coordinating dies...


Sunny Studio Stamps: Introducing New Woodsy Creatures Stamp Set   Sunny Studio Stamps: Introducing New Woodsy Creatures dies

Thank you for all your feedback this week!  My "love language" is words of affirmation so it fills my heart with joy reading your sweet comments.  

Make sure to check back tomorrow for the big celebration when we will have a sale, a special blog hop and lots of prizes!!!  Yay!  Can't wait...

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore all of the cute critters!! Super cute cards!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love critter stamps. Very cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable cards. The first one is my absolute favourite! Such sweet critters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding, I gasped when I saw the "Nuts for you" card! SO much fun! I would love to make one just like it for my niece & nephew!!
    Also I love the fishtail die used on the Give Thanks design! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute cards. I'm so glad for mix and match accessories on these cute critters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable critter set! That skunk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hello card!
    Colorful*Fun*Cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love the Autumn Splendor set!!! Happy first birthday to you!! I've a fan of your products for quite a while!! They are so well designed and the quality is awesome!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo super cute! I just finished your blog hop and came back for more! Loving this release!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute set!!!! I love the skunk!!!! Adorable new little critter faces and tails... and the cards are fantastic!!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete