Saturday, February 25, 2017

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Melissa Bickford

I'm so excited to welcome Melissa Bickford to the blog today as our special guest. She has some gorgeous cards that you are going to just love! 

Happy Saturday, stamping friends! Melissa here with you today and I’m super excited to be guesting for Sunny Studio Stamps and sharing a little something using there oh so colorful stamp sets! When I first saw Color Me Happy and Friends & Family, it was love at first sight. I love flowers and love color and I knew I was going to have a hard time putting them down once I started creating with them. You can’t help but smile and be happy when you ink them up!

I have two cards to share today. One for each of the sets I mentioned above. Let’s start with Friends & Family first.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Friends & Family and Color Me Happy cards by Melissa Bickford.

To begin, I trimmed a piece of white card-stock to measure 3.75 x 5” for my images to sit on. Next came the flowers ... those were all stamped towards the left side of my card-stock in various colors of ink. I stamped ‘forever’ as part of my sentiment and die cut ‘friends’, using the coordinating Friends & Family Flower dies and Friends & Family Word dies and adhered that above it. To add just a little dimension to my card, I die cut a few of the flowers and leaves, stamped them, and then attached them among the rest of my flowers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Friends & Family and Color Me Happy cards by Melissa Bickford.

Before attaching my floral panel to my card base, I added two strips of pink card-stock along the bottom. I added dimensional foam behind my floral panel and then attached it all to my card base. And lastly, I added lots of sparkle and shine by adding sequins.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Friends & Family and Color Me Happy cards by Melissa Bickford.

Card #2 features the super fun Color Me Happy stamp set. I went with bright colors for this card and used the Sun Ray dies to create my design. After die cutting all of my circles, I stamped them each with one of the heart images in the stamp set. After attaching them all to my card base, I moved onto my sentiment. That was created using the Color Word die and one of the many sentiments from the set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Friends & Family and Color Me Happy cards by Melissa Bickford.

And to finish it off, I added more sparkly sequins around my sentiment!


Thank you so much for visiting with us today. I’m so happy that I got to share my love for these sets. I hope you enjoyed and hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
        

2 comments: