Thursday, April 20, 2017

Oceans Of Joy Birthday Card with Vanessa

Hi everybody! Vanessa here with my first card using the wonderful new release! I am in love with all the sets!! I had to close my eyes and pick the first set to play with, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to decide :) Here is what I came up with using Oceans of Joy.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy Octopus Birthday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

What are the eight arms good for? Holding balloons, of course! I started with a panel of watercolor paper that I trimmed slightly smaller than the blue card base and applied various blue watercolors to it to create my background. After it was dried, I adhered it to the card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy Octopus Birthday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

Now I stamped the octopus and the balloons, colored them with Copics, die-cut the images with the coordinating Oceans Of Joy dies and adhered them to the card with foam tape. After I had drawn the strings with a black marker, I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock, notched the ends and adhered it with foam tape. 

So, I hope you liked today's idea! Can't wait to show you the rest of the cards made with the new release :) Thanks for visiting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa ~ This card is absolutely adorable! Love the water-colored panel that your sweet octopus sits on. Very nicely done with the colorful balloons; just perfect. Thanks so much for sharing. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete